Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 


So these are some of the CW relics I have been diggin over the past couple of months...Nashville is so NOT like North Alabama in that just about wherever you throw a rock, you hit a CW site of some kind...I've found more since I took this picture including an 1828 Merchant token that is apparently the most valuable thing I've ever found...


I mentioned last post about the Network class Marty Dodson and I are teaching at Otter Creek. We are using this class to help people honestly evaluate their Spiritual gifts, personal style and Passions in an effort to create a kind of "Servant profile". I think it really helps Christians to figure out what they are gifted for and where they can best contribute to the body of Christ. Even more, it gives us an opportunity to ask some questions that I think hardly ever get asked...Like.."If you could do anything for God, what would it be?" "What do you want to do at Church?" I think when you give people permission to dream outside the box that we've created for Church and give them permission to say NO to things that drain them of their energy, some powerful things can happen.

This whole model is based on the scriptural premise that each person who becomes a Christian is uniquely and divinely gifted by God for a specific ministry purpose. Further, that person is not fulfilled unless they are actively engaged in that purpose....The Church is not functioning as it should if that person is not engaged in that purpose....

This is some life changing, Church changing stuff and I can't wait to see the fruits of it take hold in the membership as it has with the staff (We spent 9 weeks with the OC staff sharing this same model).....Anyway, we take much of this model from the Bruce Bugbee book "What you do best in the body of Christ"....He's one of the Willow creek church guys....


You guys be looking for the new Trace Adkins album in stores Aug 1st...I have the title cut, "Dangerous Man"....


Peace-

Bc

Comments:
Good profile pic...what a hottie! I just checked your blog for the 800th time, and imagine my surprise to find a new post! Welcome back! I'd like to sit in on your class at OC. I'm sure God is using you very effectively! I wish I could have been at worship Sun. night too. What you said about playing the guitar for the first time...at church reminded me of something Jarrod said a couple of weeks ago. He said, "Here's a sentence I never thought I'd say: I just took a shower...at church!" Miss you guys!
 
the picture change gave it away-

but do you think that maybe that might change, i mean your gifts? a gift God blessed you with that might "complete" you for a time might not be where He intends for you to be forever.
I am not sure about this.

you guys are bold with the pics!
 
haha...I stole that pic from doing a google search so I figure if somebody wanted to see what I look like, they could find it anyway:) The picture change gave what away?

I think you are exactly right on changing gifts (i.e. God equiping Moses at different times to accomplish different things. We teach that as well...It's an ongoing process of re-evaluating, staying in tune with what God has you in the middle of at any given time...BUT, I do think we have used the theory in serving God, espcially in the Church, that if it doesn't hurt a little, it's not really serving....and the whole thing of getting outside our comfort zone in service....Maybe our comfort zone is exactly where we need to be....I mean...Have you ever been asked to so something at Church and you did it b/c you felt guilty and felt like..."yeah, I love God so I should be excited about this"...but you really weren't? Maybe there is someone else who has a passion about and gets their energy from whatever it was that you're doing and not enjoying and they never get a chance to do it....Not your fault...b/c they asked you without knowing your gifts, passions or personal style....so it's a staff and membership education thing...they have to be willing to seek out and fill ministry holes based on the model and people have to be honest in evaluating their profile.

1 Cor. 12....that whole body thing....check it out:)

This is 13 week class..hard to lay it out in blogg form..
..but I'm gonna post some more on it anyway....


Bc

...."we're here to serve the Lord, boys, not have a good time.."
 
you realize you piled on me more responsibility?!

I think about that a lot though, you know- getting people where they can serve with their talent. What if you don't enjoy your talent. Because sometimes i don't. Just sometimes though. I guess we trudge thru and pray like everything else. I will give I Cor 12 a look.

Nice dream, a little creepy. Don't dwell on it though, i am the queen of dream dwelling and then God recently showed me a verse in Ps. that said dreams were not to be dwelled upon, or something a little more well spoken but that's what it meant. It sort of took the wind out of my always dreamy mind. I dream every night something crazy. And i do think God speaks thru them sometimes. Just sometimes though and i know when those times are oddly enough.

Didn't mean to write a book. See you around
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
sorry i accidentally publish twice
 
It's a hard balance with the "comfort zone" and spiritual gifts.

I was talking about that recently, and someone reminded me "picking up rocks isn't anybody's spiritual gift."

Meaning, of course, there are some jobs no one likes to do, but we all need to pitch in sometimes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?