Thursday, June 22, 2006

 


On a much lighter note....I spent two hours this morning with local kids at camp Carnton. It's a weeklong camp for kids that have an interest in the Civil War...And going to camp...
They loved the relics I brought and they waved the sword around (not the CS one mind you)...But their favorite part is when I actually took them out in the yard at Carnton and did some "real" metal detecting...the staff had planted a couple of "relics" for me to find (All of which I had found in the past at Carnton)...I didn't find them. Instead, to the staff's and my own surprise, I found 3 beautiful Cs 3 ring CW bullets (you can see the kids in the front holding them up).....I was hunting under a tree I had avoided in the past b/c of so much modern trash...You can imagine the screams of joy when the bullets rolled out instead of pop-tops...They went running around yelling "we found a bullet, we found a bullet"...Oddly enough, most of these 9 year olds had more specific knowledge about the war and the associated relics than I had until a few years ago....

No dream interpreters out there?? Ok...No food past 8:00PM from now on :0


Happy Hunting-

Bc

Comments:
That is really neat! I know that you and the kids both enjoyed that. Man, I'm sorry about your dream...that's weird! I don't even know what to say about that! I would just agree that you need to steer clear of any weird food past 7 or 8! Miss you guys...glad we've got this way to keep in touch!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?