Friday, December 30, 2005

 
Ahhhh!!! I just weighed for the 1st time in about 4 months....

I weigh 178...which means, since the peak of my fitness which was right before our 2nd daughter was born (2 1/2 years ago) I have gained 18 pounds!!

WEll..at least one of my Christmas presents to Dawn and my self was a membership to the Rec center...Gonna try to get back on track in Q1 '06.

I also have made a 10 year committment: I want to learn to read and speak Biblical Greek.
I figure if I give myself 10 years, I will be an intermediate by the time I'm 45...just in time to start translating the NT before I die:)

The task is made even more monumental by this ironic fact: I write country songs for a living. In other words, I have a very basic understanding of the English language which is, as I understand it, very helpful for learning Greek...uh..any other Language for that matter.

But I'm committed. I may end up in some Libscomb biblical greek 101 class...or do greek tutor software for a while...I'm still evaluating how to go about getting started...Any sugguestions? Eric (my bro-in-law) is a Hebrew expert and could probably fully learn Greek before I could learn to say "Where is the Lavatory?"...so maybe he can help:)


Anyway, Happy New Year...

Brad

Comments:
It's all Greek to me! Hardy har har....or hardyopolis harius harius.

Don't feel too bad about your weight. It's always harder to lose it after you have a second baby.
 
160lbs. by april 1st..??? You in big boy??
Eric you want some of dis??
 
Well..It's been a week and I've gained 5 lbs...how's that? I don't know if it's the resistance training or my body in upheaveal or the fact that i bought a new scale what..but I now weigh 182lbs....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?