Monday, October 31, 2005

 
Well..we placed membership at Otter Creek this Sunday....

First, Tim Woodroof....Tim is one of those special Ministers that glides gently into a message and ends with a quiet resolve...in the middle, for about 8 minutes, there is a constant stream of truth that flows out of him that is so....true...that it's breathtaking. The Word of God has a way of doing that. I love to be in the pressence of someone who peels back the layers of tradition and bias and allows us to see the truth of The Truth.
Tim also has the heart of a writer. You can just tell. I'm not sure what he's written. But he's a writer. Call it a kindred spirit thing...

Randell Welcher is quite possibly the best Bible teacher I've ever heard. He has knowledge. He has the skills to communicate knowledge. But more than all of that he has Passion. He has a heart for the truth of the Word...and it shows...and it's awsome.

For many years now Dawn and I both have felt like we were on the cutting edge of the church we attended. We were leaders. I taught constantly and was passionate about the teaching. I felt I was revealing (or God was revealing through me) some truths that some of the people around us didn't have...Dawn and many of her friends started the praise team at our church. They enhanced worship and brought an emphasis to Worship that had not been there before.
But now as we settle into OC...we are both in awe of the talent and teahers and the faith of the people there. Leadership that leads and is led of God. In OC we have found a church that has made it over the fence of identity crisis and has seen the other side: a whole world of lost...and they have gotten to work to bring the good news to the people who need some good news. They are about the father's business. This is both so refreshing and terrifying. We have been and are challenged everytime we walk out the doors.
BTW, Brandon Scott Thomas is the epitomy of a worship leader. I've never seen someone take so seriously their role in the body as BST. He is simply...the best.

So I think we'll shop around some more....not.

BTW, Happy Halloween to all you Devil Worshipers!! jaahaha.....

bc

Comments:
thanks for the props old man. Glad you guys are here...finally!!! *bucks. Wednesday. Be there.
PS: We were saying last night how much we LOVE your kids and how sweet Audra is to Maddie who obviously idolizes her. I'm assuming they learned that from Dawn.
 
I'm glad you guys are settled. I'm also glad that you and D are being blessed at OC so much.

Northside is right smack dab in the middle of the identity crisis. I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel...I just hope it doesn't take us my lifetime to get there...
 
...or that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train...

what does that mean anyway??

All of our kids' sweetness and gentleness comes directly from me. Dawn has had to learn not to hit and cuss at the kids and she still struggles.
haha...yeah..they get it from her.
 
time for the monthly blog update....

i know mine's not much better
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?