Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 
Talked to my pal Robert Hicks today.

Robert is one of the most unique, selfless, talented, endearing guys I've met.
My friend Evan Loenstein (Evan and Jaren..you know "Crazy For That Girl")
introduced us when he realized my intrest in all things Civil War. We hit it off and I'm so happy that his 1st novel "The Widow of the South" is #5 on the New York Times Best seller list this week!

This book is a fictional account of the very non-fictional life of Carrie Mcgavock who opened her house, Carnton, to the Confederate army after the battle of Franklin. The house and grounds were used for a Field Hospital for many days after the battle.

I loved the book and apparently so do about 10,000 people a week so far!

Also got to hear my cut on the Belgium idol winner today , I can't even spell his name:) It sounded great though...I'll take what I can get....No Carrie Underwood:( I did talk to her at lunch last week...The girl I was eating lunch with, Melissa Pierce, got a cut on her new album...She's a sweetie (carrie...uh..and melissa..), I hope she does well.

I am about to begin a new commitment to several things...one being my Bible Study and prayer. In the past, I've taught almost constantly at our home church. This always helped me staying disciplined in study. Now, new church. New folks. Plenty of great teachers at the Creek....I need a new way to motivate myself....maybe the fact that the only truth in this world is in the Word....or that the thing that matters most in this life, knowing our creator, is facilitated so beutifully in the Word.....nah, I just need to find somewhere to teach...haha....

Anyway, studio -mixing tomorrow...Mcgraw is cutting monday....need a cut....Lunch with the infamous BST tomorrow....Murfreesboro to do some trading....Need to rent a tux for Monday night...

oh, yeah..and it's my birthday tomorrow:) 35

..."we've only just begun...."..ahah


Bc
Check out my finds today...swinging the coil a little....

http://www.franklincwrelics.com/finds.html

Comments:
Okay! You sound intriguing! Thanks for liking one of my songs ... now I'll have to wonder which one it was. Not that I have anywhere near as many as you!!

Must rip child number four from my leg now.
 
Infamous---um, that would be YOU, my brother.

Dude--what a great, great, great lunch today! I am SOOOO pumped that you guysa re at the Creek! I look forward to building a friendship with you and your family. (We're on for Tuesday night, by the way)

Thanks for sharing today. I love those kinds of lunches with new friends where the problem isn't finding things to talk about--it's trying to get it all in in um...2 hours was it?

Now--about this Civil War business. I was serious. You and me. The new property. one day next week. You name it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?